KiwiBuild is part of the Government’s multi-billion dollar work programme to deliver 100,000 new homes within the next 10 years. KiwiBuild will do this by working with developers to build more quality, affordable houses, and connecting them with eligible KiwiBuild buyers through a ballot process.
Where will the homes be built?
50% of the houses are planned to be built in Auckland. Outside of Auckland, the initial focus will be on areas with high housing demand and affordability pressures, such as: Wellington, Hamilton, Napier-Hastings, Queenstown-Lakes District, Tauranga, Whangarei District, and Nelson-Tasman.
The KiwiBuild developments currently in progress are:
McLennan, Papakura, Auckland
@340, Onehunga, Auckland
Mason Square, Otahuhu
Lakeside, Te Kauwhata
New North Road, Mt Albert
When will they be built?
Minister of Housing Phil Twyford has stated that the Government aims in their first year to deliver 1000 homes, 5000 the following year and 10,000 in the third.
Who can buy KiwiBuild homes?
- Be a first home buyer, or in a similar financial position as a first home buyer (that is, a ‘second chancer’ (see below)
- Be a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident
- Or a resident visa holder who is ‘ordinarily resident in New Zealand’
- Have income of no more than $120,000 for a single purchaser, or no more than $180,000 for more than 1 purchaser
- Intend to own the home for at least 3 years
- Intend to live in the home as their main place of residence for at least 3 years.
Register For KiwiBuild today: To buy a KiwiBuild home you need to check your eligibility, pre-qualify and then enter a ballot. First, we suggest you register with us to receive KiwiBuild updates, including when homes become available.
Further KiwiBuild locations are yet to be announced.
- Government’s multi-billion dollar work programme
- Deliver 100,000 new homes within the next 10 years
Current listings in Kiwibuild
No Listings Found Under This Category!